Young Logistics Challenge
‘The changing climate of logistics’
Teamwork in finding a creative solution for a specific business case
Young Logistics Programme (YLP) Day
- What? The Young FORWARD Belgium committee of the Belgian Forwarding Association will be organizing the Young Logistics Programme Day (YLP) which will take place during the yearly FIATA World Congress (FWC).
- When? Tuesday, October 3th, 2023
- Where? At the Square Convention Centre, a unique location in the heart of Brussels (adjacent to Brussels Central Station).
- For Who? This event is entirely dedicated to young talents in the logistics industry and to students from universities and high schools around the world
(< 40 years old).
- Objective? Providing companies and students with concrete business challenges and benefits. This 2023 YLP, we identified the best way to achieve this through a Challenge, which will be based on concrete business cases.
- What? This Young Logistics Challenge is an event where young people will work together for a short period of time and provide a creative solution for a specific problem/business case. The objective is to get not only creative ideas but also targeted solutions to a complex problem, in no time, so that they can be included into your business.
- Theme? Linked with the 2023 FWC theme “The changing climate of logistics”, the YLP Challenge will give sustainability top billing, just as the Millennium Development Goals are high in today logistics companies’ agenda as the United Nations adopted 17 universal sustainable development goals (SDGs) to be achieved globally by 2030.
Out of these goals, the Young FORWARD Committee has identified the below as main priorities for the logistics industry:
- #4 Quality Education (ex. development of a talent policy; best practice for telework)
- #8 Decent Work and Economic growth (ex. Digitization & innovation; how to increase productivity etc.) ;
- #9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure (ex. Digitization; efficient sustainable transport planning etc.);
- #12 Responsible consumption and production (ex. Paperless office; waste; recycling; CO2 reduction; 3D printing etc.)
- #13 Climate action (CO2 reduction ; corporate sustainability projects etc.)
9.00 am Opening event
10.00 am Start Challenge (incl. lunch)
4.45 pm Pitching
5.45 pm Award ceremony
6.00 pm End of the event
6.30 pm Welcome reception FIATA World Congress (participation in this is non-binding – Challenge participants who wish to participate in this should indicate this explicitly in the registration form)
Each Young Logistics Challenge team can consit of max. 5 persons.
Participation in the Young Logistics Challenge is free but registration is obliged through following link https://forms.gle/v7bjF1kZjR2TvHiP7 (Please note this link is a registration form for an entire group (max. 5 persons) who will participate at the Young Logistics Challenge on October 3th, 2023.)
In case of any questions you can contact the Young FORWARD team via following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* This event will be held entirely in English.